Tuesday, December 10, 2013

4th of July

InDePeNdEnCe DaY
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

We spent our 4th of July in our home town like we usually do. I lived on Main street my whole life so NEVER missed out on the parade and I'm so glad I married into a family that still has family on main street so we don't have to fight too hard to get a seat! ;) 

The parade is always my favorite part. I get emotional. I feel an overwhelming feeling of gratitude as I watch people from my home town doing something they love to do.

When I was little, my Dad decorated bikes for us every year. I'll never forget how awesome I felt being in the parade. I think my kids are getting to the age where they can be in the parade and it's going to be SO fun!

After the parade, we make our way to the city park for the big carnival. It's always too hot. The kids play on the big air jump toys (forgot their correct name... lol) and ALWAYS wins a few fish or frogs. They usually only live for a few days at our house.... poor fishies.

The family BBQ is always a good time. We go eat and play volleyball and soak up the sun! 
But my very favorite part is the fireworks :)
The family time and the cuddles and the "oooo's" and "awwww's!" 
My in laws go all out every year and the kids absolutely LOVE it.

So lucky to have these three cuties to spend holiday's with!
Family traditions are the BEST and I'm so glad I have my family to make memories with!



No comments:

Post a Comment