Thursday, December 26, 2013

Thinking about "resolutions"...

With 2014 approaching, I have really been thinking about my "new years resolutions".
We have a LOT going on in our lives right now.
A lot of negative things.
Things that could honestly, send us over the edge.
But we have stayed strong and positive.
I've been thinking of things that could make us even stronger.
Things that will bring our family closer together; That will make living a little easier.
Things that will bring joy in our hearts, and smiles on our faces.
I know one thing that will make ME a happier person, is writing.
I used to write about everything.
Whether it be in a scrapbook, on my blog, or in a poem.
I really want to get back to that.
So I'm buying a smash book! That is one of my main goals.
I want to document every stupid little thing that happens.

My next goal, is to PRINT our photos...
I am a fantastic photographer! We have photos of EVERYTHING we see or do.
But they are usually trapped on our mac...
There is NO reason I shouldn't be printing them!
Pure laziness.
So my second goal is to print photos EVERY. SINGLE. month.
Pretty simple. :)

My third goal... is to read the Book Of Mormon in 60 days.
It's going to be extremely hard, I know that.
I think it will be difficult to set everything aside and make time for it.
But I KNOW what a difference it will make for me.
I NEED to read it.

The next goal is to have a jar of "family questions".
Something we can put in the center of the table at dinner time and each of us get to take turns pulling a stick and listening to the answers each of us have.
I think it will be amazing to get to know each other better!

Those are just a few that I've been thinking about.
I'm sure everyone has a list of things they want to "do" each year.
I am trying to stay simple and realistic.
I don't want to get too crazy, like, "I'll work out every day this year...."
Because we all know that ain't gonna happen....


What are your new years resolutions?

3 comments:

  1. OH. how I LOVE this post! Awesome goals for your family. You're a great Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is a smash boo? it sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is a smash boo? it sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete