Wednesday, December 11, 2013

FHE

Last night we had FHE. I just wanted to share what we did! It was perfect for the time and I really wanted my kids to know how big prayer is. I pray about everything. I pray when I'm nervous, sick, happy, healthy, worried, mad... I continue to pray until I feel peaceful. I know that Heavenly Father does listen and hear me and it's up to me to listen to His response. I gave Jackson my cell phone and called him on another one. He picked up and I said "I am having some issues with my best friend, she keeps borrowing my stuff and not returning it. What should I do?" Before he could give me advice I said "Oh, I gotta go!" And hung up. He looked extremely puzzled and confused. I asked them if I did any good by calling him and complaining but not listening for his advice/response. I explained that Heavenly Father will always, always, always be there for guidance, you just have to listen. We talked about things that we could focus on and pray about that would help us listen better for His answer. Jackson said something he could pray about is his teacher. She has been sending home a lot of bad notes and we talk about it daily but it just doesn't help. He decided that he is going to pray about it every day and listen closely to what Heavenly Father wants him to do. :) I know what Prayer does. I know the power of it! I have many, many, many instances where I have turned to Prayer and how much it has helped me. We read about Jacob's son Enos and how he prayed all day and all night, patiently waiting for His answer, and how much doing that blessed him. We talked about how he prayed for everyone he knew, good and bad, because he loved every one of God's children and he wanted them to be blessed. I hope my kids know they can turn to Heavenly Father in Prayer any time of day, any place, in any circumstance.

1 comment: